Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Best home defense shotgun
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmy
Addict
Addict

City: Jupiter, FL

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you have a really, really big house, the spread from your 18" barrel 12 ga shotgun will be in the neighborhood of baseball to softball size in the distances you will cover. You still have to aim....not really a "scattergun".

Take one to the range and see for yourself.

My vote would be 870 6+1 with a shoulder stock. The safety isn't really an issue, you become familiar with use....
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there isnt just a mountain of evidence in any case. Everyone has there opinion. All we can go on is our opinion of our own ability and the little data we can glean of the experience of others. There are gun forums where people post articles about shootings of all kinds (cops, chl, etc). The reoccuring theme seems to be that its a kind of chaos you cannot be prepared for and a very low hit percentage when returning fire. It is interesting how often you read of police shootings where a trained officer can return fire at a relatively short distance, empty his magazine and not hit the suspect once. Im not trained for this stuff. Im an average Joe, so I want as many chances as possible. Just my preference.

Shotgun is a great choice and a very popular one. Alot of the "capacity" debates in regards to shotguns are directed at guys who say they will just grab their hunting gun out of the guncase if need be rather than spend more money on a home defense gun. Well that gun may mor may not have a plug in it, etc.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check out the security safe I posted the link to on page 1?

What do you think?

Ski Supreme
Criminal
Criminal

City: Las Vegas

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 for a home defense shotgun I have about 500rnds through it and have NEVER had a jam. This is the second M1 Super90 I have have and I have to say I have never had jamming issues with ether. Mr. Green
I also have a AR-15 with a 11inch barrel for home defence. Devil Guy Mr. Green Crazy Eyes

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of videos on youtube with people demonstrating and complaining about the benelli nova jamming though.

I'm wanting a beretta tx4.

It's the same platform as my a400 Xcel, which I have run 100-200 rounds through every sunday for the past 5 weeks without a single jam or failure of any sort.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/tx4-storm-12-ga/

Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot a Mossberg 500 with slugs at the range yesterday. Quite the beast with slug shot.

The safety isn't an 'issue', its a nice to have.

Also fired an AK, AR-22, and a Ruger mini 14.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neognosis wrote:
Did you check out the security safe I posted the link to on page 1?

What do you think?

Sorry, been home with sick kids. Heck yeah, that's nice, and Sentry makes good stuff. Safes will nickel and dime you to death, though. I started out wanting a similar cabinet and ended up with a larger fire rated safe. Always wanted a small fire safe for docs and other valuables. Figured I would just pony up and get a small fire rated gun safe and kill two birds with one stone. I had $3k in cash in a drawer stolen from my house a couple years ago. Was it a maid? Was it a contractor like a carpet cleaner? Was it a family member? Who knows, but it won't happen again!

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: